Top 10 Items I Used (or should have used) During Pregnancy
When I first found out I was pregnant I was just so excited I wanted to shout it from the roof tops. Then I was terrified of SO many things that I was extra cautious of things I didn’t need to be and probably should have been more cautious about other things (like my damn knee). It is safe to say that it was an emotional roller coaster that T and I just thought we were prepared for but let me tell you, we were not. Pregnancy effected my body in A LOT of different ways I didn’t expect. I was putting together a little care package for a very dear to me new mom to be when inspiration for this post hit. I hope this helps other new moms with an easy start to motherhood.
- Sweat pants, comfy pants, leggings, or no pants whatever floats your boat. If you don’t have any get at least one pair. I fluctuated between feeling bloated and not feeling bloated so much that it was nice to have a comfy pair. ( I have like 500 sweats but new ones are always refreshing). I was visiting nearly my whole damn family when we told them we were expecting and unexpectedly ended up spending the night so I ran to Wal-Mart and got some pants to sleep in. BEST. PANTS. EVER. I used them my whole pregnancy and still do to this day.
- Moisturizer was tricky for me. All my go to’s suddenly weren’t working my skin was going through so many changes it just kept drying up. I FINALLY found Jergen’s Wet Skin Moisturizer and it was everything that I needed. I still used my regular lotion throughout the day though. I would totally recommend going with one that does not have any fragrances added because HELLOOO heightened senses and headaches.
- Face wash: as I mentioned above LOTS of skin changes and I was super terrified of harmful chemicals and all that jazz so I found Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Face Cleanser and it worked wonders on my new acne. I also still use this and it is still working. Though there was a few weeks I was debating switching again but toughed it out and the shit is still working.
- Pregnancy Pillow!! I KNOW they are EXPENSIVE as all hell but I promise you they are so worth it. The whole right side of my body has issues knee, hip, back (that’s a story for another day) but my body felt BETTER while I was pregnant. I still use the pregnancy pillow and it helps some but not like it did while I was pregnant. I have the Leacho Snoogle Original Pregnancy/Maternity Total Body Pillow.
- Water bottle with straw or a tumbler to help you sip water when you are feeling nauseated and because a new water bottle is always fun!
- Rice Pad or I should say rice PADS. I used one to microwave and I had one in the freezer. I already used these for my aches and pains before but I probably used one EVERY NIGHT while pregnant. My OBGYN recommended a rice pad over a heating pad so that it wouldn’t get too hot and in case I fell asleep with it. Don’t want to boil the baby! Seriously though too much heat is not good when you are pregnant talk to your doctor if you are unsure.
- SLEEP should probably be number one BUT when you’re busy with all of life’s shenanigans it gets pushed back. GET AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!!! The fucking fatigue is real and you’re growing a human. Just nap whenever you can, okay?
- Decaf everything. Okay just your tea and coffee and remember hot cocoa has caffeine too!!! My OBGYN suggested limiting my caffeine intake to only 200mg a day. Make sure you talk to yours though I’m not a medical professional and everyone is different!
- Pregnancy app for your phone. This one was just fun for me to see how big my little nugget was and everything, but the good ones have some information as well (mine even had shit that helped me with questions I didn’t think to ask about maternity leave!) I used the Baby Center app.
- Nurse Hotline Phone Number is something I wish I would have used. I know my insurance offered one and I’m sure my OBGYN said they had one as well and I never got the info but instead of searching google for everything just get the number and CALL when you have a question.
Out of all of these I would recommend the pillow the most. I couldn’t imagine getting through pregnancy with out it. If there are any must haves you used or are using that I didn’t list comment them below or connect with other Swearin Mama’s on Facebook! All of us have our own unique experiences I would really love to hear what helps you all! Check out our Stay At Home Mom Survival Guide and 8 Diaper Caddy Must Haves!
Don’t miss anything! Sign up for the Very Important Mama’s Newsletter below!